Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Intelligence of Biz

A colleague of mine quipped the other day that "Business Intelligence" was an oxymoron.

While this wouldn't sit well with decision makers who have invested heavily into the latest B.I. tools, frameworks, platforms, there is an ounce of wisdom in my colleague's statement.

What has become of the original goal, to provide actionable insights? It seems that these days a whole industry of providers, a market full of consultants to match, are so busy building, selling, deploying more infrastructure, when what is really needed is better content.

To reconcile this chasm is my goal with my series of shared thoughts on the state of affairs in B.I. and where it should, could, and hopefully will be going.

Cheers!

- Bernd Durrwachter

No comments:

Post a Comment