Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Human Side of Business Intelligence

For those who wonder whether there are more tangible recommendations coming in this series of thoughts about Business Intelligence, I would like to clarify a few things...

Intelligence is about empowerment, self-motivated learning, not being told what to do. As such, this is not a "how-to" guide. This forum is supposed to stimulate thought, hence the popular format of asking questions, instead of claiming static/universal answers. It is a journey of discovery, and not finding the goals for you.

I feel that there are plenty of Web sites, discussion forums, articles, and blogs already that address the marketing side and technical aspects of "business intelligence".

The big opportunity for evolving more maturity in the B.I. space, the way I see it, is in the common sense department.

If B.I. is to provide intelligence to business, then the following is relevant:

  • businesses are operated by people, humans.
  • businesses serve people, humans

Therefore, BUSINESS intelligence is foremost about the intelligence of HUMANS.

Short of strategy consultants, professional coaches, and program managers, I don't see that reality addressed much in the general B.I. hype.

To address this space, the human side of business intelligence, is my mission in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment